The Craftsman shop vac filter nut is a component of the filter assembly on Craftsman shop vacuums. The filter nut is used to secure the filter in place and prevent it from coming loose during use.
To remove the filter nut, you can try the following steps:
- Unplug the shop vac from the electrical outlet.
- Open the lid of the shop vac and remove the filter.
- Look for the filter nut on the underside of the filter assembly.
- Use a pair of pliers to grip the filter nut and turn it counterclockwise to loosen it.
- Once the filter nut is loose, you can remove it by hand.
To install a new filter nut, simply reverse these steps. Make sure the filter is properly seated in the filter assembly before tightening the filter nut to ensure a tight and secure fit.
***This listing is for a Cap & Wing Nut ONLY, it does NOT include the actual Filter***